HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

More Primitive Threads

Primitive Threads quilt and fabrics designed by Pam Buda ~ Heartspun Quilts
for Marcus Brothers Fabrics
As promised....I wanted to share more of what inspired my new Primitive Threads fabric collection and more of the prints in the line that I hope you'll be asking for at your local quilt shop.  
One of the perks of fabric designing is having a collection of antique quilts and this one sure is a cutie!  
It's hand pieced and hand quilted and loaded with Make-Do blocks....which to know me it to know I love Make-Do quilts!!  (Read more info about Make-Do quilts here.)
A closer inspection of the patchwork reveals this super cute little star flower....perfect for Primitive Threads!
This little print is made in three colors....a neutral, a brown and blue multi-color print.  So super sweet!  (Truth is...I would have loved it in every color!!)  I call this print Star Flower Toss.
As you might imagine....you can't find everything you want in antique fabrics.  Sometimes, you have to design them from scratch, and that's the case with the star print above.  I love the old iron stars you see on the outside of old buildings and used that star as inspiration for the print above called Starry Skies.  (Another print I would have dearly love in every color!)
Having a collection of folky~prim neutrals was important as well, and I recolored this print (an absolute favorite of mine) in a warm beige background and super soft taupe.  It looks prim and vintage and is called Picotage Petals.  (Picotage is the name for all the tiny, fine dots you see in the leaves and stems, and is a common design element in vintage fabric.)
The last print I want to share with you is another print I designed from scratch.  I have long wanted to have a fabric like this and Primitive Threads was just the right collection for it!  This print is called Primitive Linen.  Produced in two versions of beige background, it gives just the softest crinkle-y vintage look to patchwork.....oh so yummy!!!  I wanted a fabric that would give patchwork a wonderful aged feel.  The crinkle pattern is so subtle, and yet the fabric does not look flat like a solid or muslin would.  Playing with it in sample blocks.... it made the other fabrics in the block look even better!  I am so happy to finally have Primitive Linen - I'm doing a dance of JOY on the front lawn.  (Well...not really because it wouldn't be pretty.  Just sayin'!)

I hope you have enjoyed seeing a little of the fabric design process in these two posts about Primitive Threads and you like what you see!!  My sample fabrics will arrive soon and I'll post some sewing progress while making the quilt.  Watch Facebook and Instagram for some photos, too.

Primitive Threads should arrive at your LQS in April!!  Click here to see all of the Primitive Threads fabrics.

Counting the days until Spring arrives!!  Be well.....stitch happy.  





5 comments:

  1. It is a gorgeous line. I enjoy knowing where you find your inspiration. I will have to make another trip over the mountain to visit Fran when this fabric comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabrics. The little star flowers are really special. Love the inspiration quilt too.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, thanks for sharing the process you take in creating all your beautiful fabrics. I love your new line and can't decide which is my favorite!!
    The Picotage Petals print would make a lovely wall paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow !!! it really beautiful so much.i like your good idea Thanks for the inspiration!

    หนังสยองขวัญ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really impressed with your blog thanks for sharing such a nice thing


    เว็บไซต์คาสิโนออนไลน์ที่ได้คุณภาพอับดับ 1 ของประเทศ
    เป็นเว็บไซต์การพนันออนไลน์ที่มีคนมา สมัคร Gclub Royal1688
    และยังมีเกมส์สล็อตออนไลน์ 1688 slot อีกมากมายให้คุณได้ลอง
    สมัครสมาชิกที่นี่ >>> Gclub Royal1688

    ReplyDelete