HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Little Patriotic Decorating

The Fourth of July is one of my all time favorite times of year for decorating.  Bringing out all my folk art finds is like seeing an old friend and having a visit.  It was even more fun this year with the new quilts from my Star Spangled Liberty fabric collection!  
Flag Day ~ Tokens of the Past: Union Forever pattern

Thought I would share some pictures of how I displayed the new quilts in my house.  I always love seeing how other people display their quilts as I get some good ideas, and perhaps you'd like something you see here, too.  The quilt above is Flag Day.
Patriot's Parade ~ Tokens of the Past: Union Forever!
Here's the Patriot's Parade quilt displayed with a sweet little pie safe I found on a recent antiquing trip.  It's super old, has original blue paint and dove tailing.  A lucky find to be sure. Such a simple little block with lots of movement and patriotic heart.  
Honor & Glory ~ Tokens of the Past: Union Forever!
I love table topper quilts in a small vignette.  Something about having textiles in the mix gives color and warmth, and often sets a theme.  This quilt is called Honor & Glory and gosh do I love this block.  I adore the Capital Dome birdhouse, and looks great with my vintage noodle board and firkin.  Makes me wanna pass through the dining room often!  

Don't forget that I have a special offer to pre-order a kit to make all of these quilts for your very own.  Click here to find all the details.  

Summer is in full bloom.  Hope you get some stitching time for yourself.  A rocking chair on a shady front porch sounds heavenly.  Wish I had one!  

2 comments:

  1. Lovely displays, Pam! I want to live at your house. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your patriotic vignettes! And really love your Star Spangled Liberty fabric collection!!! Thanks for sharing all the eye candy! HUGS... and stitches

    ReplyDelete