HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Summer Issue of Primitive Quilts is Here!


At long last, the Summer issue of one of my favorite magazines, Primitive Quilts and Projects has arrived!  I'm delighted to say that both Lynne Hagmeier (Kansas Troubles Quilters) and I have quilts in this issue.


Last summer, Lynne and I had the pleasure of spending time and teaching a really (really!) fun group of quilters while we cruised to Alaska.  We designed this quilt, which was one of the three projects we made while cruising.  We are, of course, fans of each other's work with very similar tastes, but we also bring creative differences as well.  So,  we decided to put our own twist on the same basic quilt, and that resulted in two different versions of our quilt named Friendship Garden.


Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine ~ Summer 2013 issue ~ Friendship Garden Quilt
You'll notice the same basic elements in both quilts.  I made my quilt entirely from scraps I had of Lynne's Kansas Troubles fabrics (Moda).  I have a lot of KTQ scraps!!  Most of my appliques are wool, with the exception of the red flowers where I English Paper Pieced the hexagon blooms.  I also have a few additional stars, and added our initials.... a nod to my other passion, samplers.  

Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine ~ Summer 2013 issue ~ Friendship Garden Quilt

Lynne's version features her appliques made with her awesome "layered patchwork" technique.  
This technique is easy breezy and a lot of fun to do.  She even used it on her red hexagon blooms! You'll find all the instructions on how to do her layered patchwork in the magazine, and Lynne has a ton (lots and lots) of great patterns that use layered patchwork.  Check out all her patterns on her website KTQuilts.com  

Guess what?  We have kits for both quilts!!  

Quilt kits feature Kansas Troubles fabrics and everything you need is included....buttons, rick rack...the works.  The kit for Lynne's version is $40.95 plus $5.15 for postage.  If you'd like to make my version, the kit is $76.95 (includes wool) plus $10.95 postage.  (Postage prices are for US addresses only.)  You can also purchase the magazine as well.

To order, call Lynne at 785-488-2120 or email her at ktquilts@twinvalley.net

There's a limited supply of kits, so don't delay...order today!



3 comments:

  1. Fun to see your different takes on the same pattern.
    I love KT fabrics, too. I've lost count of how many quilts I've made from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to see the same version of a pattern.Fabulous quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive web site, Distinguished feedback that I can tackle. Im moving forward and may apply to my current job as a pet sitter, which is very enjoyable, but I need to additional expand. Regards.
    Robinets de Baignoire

    ReplyDelete