HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Little Fall Getaway

I was finally able to access all my photos from our trip to Niagara Falls.  Computer issues are resolved as well, thanks in large part to the Geek Squad who worked with me over 6 hours to fix and tune-up the 'ol computer!  So...after much frustration and delay......here's my photo journal of our trip...highlights only, of course. 


The first stop on our road trip was to Cleveland, OH, and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.  If you love R&R, this is a must on your Bucket List.  So great to see so much R&R history, and rest assured they play great music while you're there!  Loved it!  They don't allow any photography inside, so I wasn't able to show you more, but trust me....it's worth the trip.



Niagara Falls was another Bucket List item for DH and me.  It surely is a sight to behold.  We stayed on the Canadian side, and the view from our hotel was spectacular.


We strolled the parks on both the Canadian and American sides of the falls, each with its own perspectives and attributes.  The weather was lovely, the leaves were changing, and we had great food when dining.  What more could you ask for?  Well......how about some shopping! 


A short 30 minute drive from the Falls is a wonderful quilt shop called Patchwork Garden


 They offer a lovely variety of fabrics with something for everyone.....


Have loads of goodies......



...including this luscious wool.  I had to buy some...quite irresistable!!




They're chock full of inspiration.....offer classes, and clubs, too!  One in particular I really like.....

 
Hhmmmm....that fabric looks very familiar!
They just started The Prairie Women's Sewing Circle club at the shop!! 
(It's not too late to join the fun!)
 
 

Guess what other favorite designer's fabric they have loads of!!!  They had oodles of Lynne's Kansas Troubles fabrics.  I took my opportunity to stock up on some of my favorite prints.   You know...the ones you buy 1/2 yard of, and then think...."why didn't I buy a couple of yards of that one?  It's soooo good!"  Yup...that's me.

Patchwork Garden's owners, Bev & Joan, gave me permission to tell you that, in June of 2014, both Lynne and I will be going back to the shop for a series of workshops and a combined lecture & trunk show!  We're so jazzed about this!!  I know it seems like a long time away, but it will be here before you know it.
Visit the Patchwork Garden website for information
when it becomes available!!
 
Many Happy Stitches!
 
Pam


 

3 comments:

  1. Glad your computer problems are resolved! Great pics...and that fabric shop is wonderful. Love the display of your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That store is a paradise. Wish I was near my house.Love their display!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Quilting Community? Our members will love it!
    Members include: Quilters, Quilting Enthusiasts, Experts, Bees, Circles and Clubs.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also share Photos, Videos and Articles if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Quilting Community: http://www.vorts.com/quilting/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete