HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, July 23, 2012

Home Again, Home Again

I've unpacked my bags from my latest road trip, and boy does that feel good!  I do love to visit quilt guilds and shops.....no doubt!.....but I admit that three weeks of travel in a row had me missing more than a few things at home, with my kids and hubby at the top of the list.

Lynne Hagmeier  (of Kansas Troubles Quilters) and I met at Heidi Kaisand's Hen and Chicks Retreat in Conrad, IA, for a whirlwind 48 hours.  The Des Moines area is the perfect half-way point between Lynne coming from Kansas and me from Illinois.  We worked to put the finishing touches on our third quilt design for our upcoming Alaskan cruise.  It was great fun to work together on this project in person!  We made very good use of our limited time together, catching up, designing, and laughing.  We do alot of laughing!  Good times, to be sure.



Of course, I have to come back with pictures!!  Heidi's retreat, called The Nest, has dormatory style sleeping for up to 20 people for all kinds of events.  There is a large, spacious area for tables and chairs, cutting station, pressing stations, has three bathrooms, and a full service kitchen.  Food can be included in your stay.  Click on the link above to learn all about The Nest.  We had the place to ourselves, so it was enormous.


The Hen & Chicks Quilt Shop is on the first floor of the building.  It is loaded....and I mean loaded with all kinds of goodies!


Threads, wool, cottons, and even scrapbooking supplies are plentiful. 


Seasonal, brights, Batiks, novelty, and Civil War....there's fabric for everyone!


I know there may be a few things that you like within these photos, so just give Heidi a call! 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Did you notice the voting results for the next Pocket Patchwork Sew-along?  The majority of you voted to receive 2 blocks a week....so that's what I'll do.  I have only 5 more blocks to make and then I will have tested all of the yardage.  Once that is completed (which h**l or high water will be this week!!!), I will post news about fabric & yardage.  I'm very happy with the way it's turning out. 

The next sew-along, Forget Me Not, is scheduled to begin Friday, August 4th.  Remember, the best way to receive your patterns is to receive them via email.  To do this, simply look in the right hand column for the "Follow by Email" icon.  Type your email address there and you'll receive an email to verify.  Once you verify you really did sign up, you'll be all set!

I can hardly wait!  More goodies coming in the next few days.  In the meantime,
hope you can beat the heat, find some time to sew,
and enjoy these lazy days of summer.

My best, Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment