HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Little Red Schoolhouse


Ta Da!  Here's the finished schoolhouse quilt.  Just four blocks and some Flying Geese.  When paired with great fabric can really make a graphic statement.  Simple is good.  It was great fun to make and went together easily.  I decided to name it Little Red Schoolhouse.  We have a Little Red Schoolhouse petting zoo not too far from here, and its been there for as long as I can remember.  I do recall going there on a grammer school field trip - which was a very long time ago!  We'll just leave it at that!  The top is now at the quilter and I have no idea what designs she'll be doing.  When it's finished, I'll post another photo.  The pattern will be available soon.

Oh, and by the way.....for all of you Prairie Women out there.....this block will be featured in a Journey 4 quilt, so stay tuned!




5 comments:

  1. How cute------I think we all wish we had gone to a Little Red School House. Well maybe no, that would really date us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam - This is just lovely! Red is my favorite for everything. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is this quilt ! Just love the red schoolhouses !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, your school house quilt is beautiful. I adore the fabrics and the addition of the flying geese blocks works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! It reminds me of the old McAuley Schoolhouse in West Chicago.

    ReplyDelete