HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Monday, September 12, 2011

My Favorite Red Fabric!!



Do you remember when I talked about this lovely blue fabric and that it's one of my all time favorite fabrics ever?


 And how I knew it came in red, and I didn't think I had any until......


I found that indeed I owned it and forgot!

I vowed I'd use it in a quilt for Journey Three.....and I did!!

Here's your last preview of a quilt for Journey Three. 



The red print will be a border, blue print is sashing, and the light is the background.



The blocks are made from an assortment of blues....



....reds.....


.....greens......


....and butternut golden browns. 

Just what did I make with my fabrics?


For many months I've been making lots of hexagons?  I mentioned this in a prior post
when I was talking about managing my stash and how I love to display the hexagons 
where I can enjoy them as I work to make enough for the quilt.


They are so cute and soooooo addicting.  In Journey One & Two, we've been hand piecing Yo-yos and the bonus projects have used the Yo-yo's we've made.  Well....changes are coming in
Journey Three!  Hexagons will replace Yo-yos!!  I'm so excited!!  I've been having such fun
making hexagons.  Lots of hexagons!  When I look at a fabric I can't help but think about
whatit will look like as a hex.  Just whip one up!  If you love fabric, then you'll love making
hexagons from them!  Very soon, I will have a complete tutorial on how to make a
hexagon sewn the English paper piecing way.  I have designed a small quilt using the
hexagons as the bonus project for Journey Three.  I've been working on it
in the evenings and I'm almost finished.  I can hardly wait to show you!

Until next time.....feed your soul with the stitches you sew!
Pam

 





6 comments:

  1. Journey 3 sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see it! Thanks for the teaser - gets me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Journey's keep getting better and better!!! I can't wait to see all your quilts in person. And yes, those hexies are addicting!!! Karen in IL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fabrics! May I have your permission to use your post as a teaching example in a color mastery class? Cannot wait to see what those blocks grow into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your such a tease, can't wait until Journey three. Love all those fabrics, my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. waiting not so patiently :)
    I hope you will do a quilt along each month on line with the quilts in the next journey. keep us inspired to make all the quilts in the club, if not I just may have to do something like this on my blog!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see pics of the Journey 3 quilts! I have never hexagons so I am looking forard to learning how to make them. Liked making the yo-yos.

    ReplyDelete