HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Laci's of Berkeley, CA

Yesterday morning, we set out to visit Laci's located in Berkeley, CA. I heard about Laci's many years ago and once I knew I was coming to the bay area again, I just had to check it out.



Laci's boasts a huge inventory of lace making supplies from all over the world. They also have a museum with rotating exhibits on a wide variety of subjects from vintage lace, ribbons, nineteenth century foundation garments and dresses, and sewing tools. Unfortunately, the museum was not open
as they were in-between exhibits. That didn't matter...they had tons of good stuff there. Since I don't work with lace, my attention went to the vintage sewing items which were so fun to look at and admire.

They had a wonderful library of all kinds of pattern books and informational books on every subject related to needlework. Here's a look at the books I found.



















You can visit Laci's for yourself at www.Lacis.com. Guess what? I posted this from my iPad! Feeling like I'm the Geek of the World!!!!

Location:Stevens Creek Blvd,Santa Clara,United States

2 comments:

  1. Pam, Congrats on becoming a member of the "GEEK" world. You did a good job!! LOL These books look interesting and I will have to look for them. Karen Schultz

    ReplyDelete