HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Iowa Road Trip - Days Three & Four

I guess I'm a teacher at heart 'cause I love to teach.  Put me in a room with some fabric lovin' quilters and it's a banner day....and that's just what I had on Sunday!  Eighteen of the most delightful ladies  from the Eastern Polk Quilter's Guild and I spent the day talking shop.  We worked on skill building and honing quilting techniques. 



At the end our time together, I had fun doing what I love and they learned some new tricks of the trade.

I filled their heads with a whole lotta quilting hints, tips and secrets!  They taught me a few things, too, and I love that!


On Monday evening I was given a warm Iowa welcome from all the members of the Eastern Polk Quilter's Guild! 


Scattered Leaves Quilt - featured in (and on the cover of ) American Patchwork & Quilting magazine

They listened to my program about, among other things, the most useful quilting secrets, hints and tips I know (and wrestled from other quilting professionals!), as well as my (now almost famous) starch recipe for how I prepare my fabrics for piecing. 

Antique "Make-Do Primer" quilt

And took a look at a few quilts I brought for show-n-tell.  We had a lot of fun during our time together and I sure hope I get to come back to Iowa some day.  If you find yourself in the Des Moines, IA area, take the time to visit the quilt shops, go antiquing, and eat at a terrific array of wonderful restaurants because you'll be treated to some fine Iowa hospitality!!  My heartfelt thanks to everyone!!  Nicki and I had a wonderful time. 

3 comments:

  1. That starching tip? Sue and I want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great program! Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love living vicariously through your road trips, pictures and comments about your trip. Sounds and looks like a great time was had by all. Awesome!

    Blessings, Karla

    ReplyDelete