HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Iowa Road Trip - Day Two

Quilting Connection shop owner Kelly Irwin and Prairie Women Sewing Circle leader Cathy Sanders
 
Yesterday, I began my shop hop at the Quilting Connection in Ames.  When I walked in, the shop was buzzing with activity.  There was a weekend quilting retreat in progress, another group taking a handbag class, shoppers looking for fabrics and planning their next quilt, and others showing off their gorgeous work. 


Saying The Quilting Connection is a full service shop is an understatement.  They have everything! 


Every kind of fabric you would ever want.


Books, notions, and sewing machines are supported by the shop's friendly staff.  I enjoyed my time there, and best of all, had a chance to chat with Cathy who runs the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle club that boasts 50 plus members! 

My second stop was in Adel.  What would you do if you saw this?
 
Park and check it out, of course!  This cute barn is your first welcome to Adel Quilting & Dry Goods.
Owner Jacque Johnson (center) and her very friendly shop girls
As soon as you walk in the door, you're awash with warmth and inspiration. 

They have a very nice selection of fabrics with something for everyone.  Lots of Moda Bake Shop items and great kits, too.  Need to take a class?  No problem..they offer classes as well.


Goodies all over the place!  I just stood there and looked around trying to take it all in.  You know how that is when there is so much good stuff to look at and you don't want to miss anything?  Naturally, I found a few things I couldn't live without.


I had the most delightful surprise when I walked in the door.....a group of the Adel Prairie Women had arrived to meet me.  We had a very nice time talking about the club.  Their club of 35 members just finished Journey One and are looking forward to beginning Journey Two shortly.  Time got away from me gabbing with the ladies and before we even gave a thought to taking pictures, most had left the shop, but here I am with two lovely Adel Prairie Women.  We hit it off so well, we could have easily just kept on going!

I'm off to teach a workshop today and give a lecture tomorrow.  I may find a few hours to scrounge at an antique mall and see what treasures may await.  I'll be sure to post again soon.  Thanks for visiting Iowa with me!  Pam

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW, Pam!! Talk about eye candy and so much more! Thanks so much for inviting us along on this cyber shop hop. :-) I've enjoyed every moment, every picture - everything! You lucky duck. Wow! Thanks too, for sharing.

    Blessings,

    Karla

    ReplyDelete