HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Contest Winner & Part Two of the Madison Expo Quilt Show

Many, many thanks to everyone who commented about their favorite quilt shops!  I'm gonna look these shops up when I'm traveling in the area.  Nothing better than a word-of-mouth recommendation about a terrific shop. 


I knew you wouldn't believe it unless you saw it for yourself!!  The random number generator chose number 1!  Congratulations to Cheryl, my very first contest participant!  Cheryl, now you can't say that being the first to comment never allows you to win!  Please email me at pam@heartspunquilts.com  with your name and address, and I will get your pincushion in the mail mucho pronto!  I have more contests planned, so stay tuned.

Now, on to part two of the Madison Quilt Expo, and a photo journal of my favorite booths.

The Quilter's General Store from Rockford, IL (http://www.quiltersgeneralstore.com/ ) has long been a favorite quilt shop, and is one for the four "holy-land" quilt shops {giggle}.

 I do have the good fortune to teach there on occasion, and especially love their summer-time event called Farm Fest. 

Loads of goodies - something for everyone!

Primitive Gatherings Quilt Shop, located in Menasha, WI (http://www.primitivegatherings.us/) seems to be nearly everyone's favorite!

Sometimes, it's so crowded in their booth, you have to wait to get in!

In case you didn't know, they specialize in yummy wool and wool projects like these.
They also produce lovely books full of awesome quilts and wool projects.  Their latest book is called  Summer Gatherings, and is loaded with wonderful projects!  


This little beauty had to go home with me!  It's called Garden Baskets.  I love basket blocks and just couldn't resist! 



Back Door Quilts, (http://www.backdoorquilts.com/) located in Greenwood, IN has long been a favorite booth to visit at festivals.  As you can see they have tons of kits and projects galore.

Plenty of eye candy, too!

Among their many goodies were a set of my little blocks quilts, from my pattern called Wee Whimsies, done up in Christmas colors, ready for holiday giving and decorating.

Here's a cute vignette found in the J.J. Stitches (http://www.jjstitches.com/ ) booth.  I loved those little wool projects in the corner display.  I had to have a few of those, too!  They are quick and portable projects, and I like using them in basket arrangements.

I am a sucker for a red quilt!  Don't you love the red quilt with the stars?  Julie made it up with fabrics from fellow Windham designer, Jeanne Horton's, Simpler Tymes fabrics.

Speaking of Jeanne Horton....here she is surrounded by the wonderful quilts & kits she and the shop girls from her store, The Country Sampler Quilt Shop, located in Spring Green, WI, (http://www.sgcountrysampler.com/ ) have put together.  Quilt kits from the Country Sampler are well known for the fabulous fabric combinations they use in their kits, as well as the awesome kit packaging.  They really are a gift to give yourself.

Well, that concludes my blog-tour of the Madison Quilt Expo.  I hope you enjoyed seeing the show, and if you get a chance, visit the shop websites for further enticement. 

Wishing you all peace while piecing,
Pam

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, Pam. I really can't believe I won. Love your stuff, by the way. And thank you for the visual quilt show tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos. I really missed not shopping at that show this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful items!! I became a follower - your blog was recommended by Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete